• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 a penny

13 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 2:41 PM, James Zyskowski said:

As I was born in 52 I’ll give you a nickel 😁

Welcome to the jungle 😂

Just kidding, welcome and pictures will be necessary or sight unseen, my offer of a shiny nickel, stands😁🙀😸😻🦫

Screenshot_20221116-202742_Gallery.jpg

Your 1952-S cent appears to have a die chip of the type frequently seen on U.S. coins of the 1950s and early 60s.  They're interesting but usually of little value to collectors. The blurry "LI" is from either damage or a filled die, which also isn't valued by collectors.

If you're interested in learning more about coins, we can guide you to the appropriate print and online resources.

Please see the following topic that I posted for some books and online resources that are essential for new collectors:

For some basic knowledge about mint errors and die varieties, go to the NGC home page (ngccoin.com) and enter "mint errors" in the search bar for some articles on the NGC website.  For a more comprehensive listing go to error-ref.com.

Hey buddy. Hopefully you forgive my odd sense of humor. That is a cool looking situation there but as mentioned nothing of value. 
   What’s important is your interest in coins and I really want to welcome you and say keep looking and search eBay for numismatic literature. I’m always surprised by how a specific request gets me results. And there is you tube and such. I’m just too old to tweet or post on Facebook or some other sight. Might be good for you though. 
   Lastly I was told to collect what I liked and what made me happy and I would find enjoyment for a long time and not regret any coin I liked enough to purchase. Enjoy 😁🦫🙀😸😻

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 11/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, James Zyskowski said:

... And there is you tube and such.

Lastly I was told to collect what I liked and what made me happy and I would find enjoyment for a long time and not regret any coin I liked enough to purchase.

I would stick with recognized resources as referenced by Sandon above.  And of course search this forum for discussions on areas where there may be an interest, or post coins and questions which I think is a tremendous resource from which I have learned a great deal.  Except for ANA eLearning vids on YT I would avoid that as a resource like the plaque due to inaccurate and incomplete click-bait money grabbing vids.

However, I couldn't agree more with the last part. :takeit:

Edited by EagleRJO

On 11/18/2022 at 12:03 AM, EagleRJO said:

I would stick with recognized resources as referenced by Sandon above.  And of course search this forum for discussions on areas where there may be an interest, or post coins and questions which I think is a tremendous resource from which I have learned a great deal.  Except for ANA eLearning vids on YT I would avoid that as a resource like the plaque due inaccurate and incomplete click-bait money grabbing vids.

However, I couldn't agree more with the last part. :takeit:

Amen!