• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1896 Morgan dollar. Not sure why photos are loading sideway,sideways, enjoy!

8 posts in this topic

20220603_115305.thumb.jpg.e2f230ff782df58d952d4a4f8f6443d9.jpgObverse of this coin! First post would not allow me to upload both! This coin believe it or not passes the pencil 6" above the surface DMPL test.. still need to figure out why photos are loading sideways! 

I recommend that for proper illumination of coins you use a lighting source such as a desk lamp with an adjustable neck instead of or in addition to the light on the device you are using to take the photos. The little LEDs on these devices tend to make all coins look oddly shiny in the spot where the light hits and too dark elsewhere. If you're using a computer to transmit the photos, the operating system's photo application should be able to rotate and crop your images for a better presentation.  If you're using a mobile phone, I would expect that it also has such an application.

I bought a digital microscope to photograph coins early last year, and I still have to spend time adjusting the lighting intensity and angle and the focus to take a satisfactory shot of each coin.  It takes time to learn but is worth it.

Here's a "better" version of your 1896 dollar, followed by an authentic UNC 1896 from the NGC database.

1333315472_1896composite.thumb.jpg.4d6e8779cb4bd7dd617b0be8e79250a6.jpg

545699970_1896compNGC.thumb.jpg.2f0f8b73e23c3099cc7ceacacdc74396.jpg

@RWB:    I don't know... I don't know.  How, pray tell, does this "show-up" even begin to meet your exacting standards as set forth, repeatedly, elsewhere on other threads.

We already have a suspect in custody.  Why not prevail upon the OP to produce adequate photos with better resolution.  Only then can we proceed to make an informed judgment vis a vis the fine example on file with NGC.  🤔  [IMHO]  

?

Merely an attempt to make the OP's presentation a little more presentable -- presentably speaking, that is.