• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo nickels

5 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry but your obv photo become too grainy and pixilated when I try and enlarge the photo.   You absolutely do not have a DDO-001, it could be that you have DDO-002, however, you would need a good close up of the date to see that as DDO-002 is very minor.   From what I can see in your op obv photo it looks like a normal coin.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:48 PM, Coinbuf said:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry but your obv photo become too grainy and pixilated when I try and enlarge the photo.   You absolutely do not have a DDO-001, it could be that you have DDO-002, however, you would need a good close up of the date to see that as DDO-002 is very minor.   From what I can see in your op obv photo it looks like a normal coin.

Shows up great with light magnification and a good lite,but for some reason my camera doesn't do the job! Lol also not sure why the photos loaded sideways,they were fine when I loaded them! My guess is the toning on the coin is messing with it! Will try and take some updated photos tomorrow and upload them,maybe they'll come out better! Was really hard pressed to find any contact marks other than the rim knick on the obverse!  Hub/collar knick?

Impossible to say anything meaningful about the coin's surfaces from the photos, the coin does look to have nice details but it also looks "off", but that may just be the photos.   To be clear I see no evidence of the big overdate for this date, I am posting a close up of the date for the important 16/16 overdate.   I think that if you had the "big one" it would be obvious in your photo, and it is not, at least not to me.

16 16 buff obv date.jpg

Edited by Coinbuf