• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A new discovered ERROR found ! Check it Out ! What Kind? New name for Type of Error..

4 posts in this topic

Already has doubling on reverse they fought two wars...main error I don't know what or how it was ...all I know is so far I have the only one so far and the error shows it's a new discovered Denver mint error...is it a mule etc.  Has anyone scene an error like this before???? 1958383718_Screenshot_20220903-0517274.jpg.a37a3e756bb95a0b9d4a92527c29abee.jpg299347179_Screenshot_20220903-0053072.jpg.dda3d892c87898b120be03514163c868.jpg

It would be helpful if you could provide photos of both sides of the entire coin and a clearer photo of the close up to get a better idea of your possible mint error. From what I can see, your 2021 Tuskegee Airmen quarter most likely has a "die break" through the date area.  Die breaks occur when coinage dies crack after becoming stressed from use, causing metal on the planchet (coin blank) to be pushed into the crack as the coin is struck, leaving a raised line.  Another possibility is "clash marks" that result from the coinage press operating without a planchet in the press, causing the dies to strike against each other and parts of the design from one die to be transferred (reversed and incuse) to the other. (The curving line could be from the top of Washington's head on the other side, but there would likely be other areas of design transfer.) 

Both die breaks and clash marks are rather common occurrences in the minting process, and coins featuring either or both of them are usually worth only a small premium.  There are other possibilities, such as your coin having resulted from multiple strikes, but, again, I would need better photos to offer any opinion on this.

🐓 :  Have you seen the avatar?

Q.A.:  First thing I noticed. You know what that means?

🐓 :  Please don't tell me two of the finest members on the Forum have been waiting nearly a month for a canine to respond!

Q.A.  That's the least of it. The OP was here one day (Sept. 3) and gone the next (Sept. 4) and only you and I checked his profile to ascertain that fact before making our presence here known.  Man I love this place!