• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 Brown Colored Buffalo Coin

3 posts in this topic

This well circulated 1934 "Buffalo" nickel has corrosion or "environmental damage", especially on the reverse.  U.S. nickels are composed of an alloy of 75% copper, 25% nickel.  Copper is a very chemically active metal and is readily subject to discoloration and corrosion. Such coins are considered impaired and have less value than unimpaired examples.  

As a new collector you might benefit from some of the resources identified in the following article I posted on this forum: 

On 8/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, Sandon said:

This well circulated 1934 "Buffalo" nickel has corrosion or "environmental damage", especially on the reverse.  U.S. nickels are composed of an alloy of 75% copper, 25% nickel.  Copper is a very chemically active metal and is readily subject to discoloration and corrosion. Such coins are considered impaired and have less value than unimpaired examples.  

As a new collector you might benefit from some of the resources identified in the following article I posted on this forum: 

ok thank you. i'm learning lol!