• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Roosevelt Dime

9 posts in this topic

What would this coin grade at? Looks like there is some doubling, but I’m not sure. Also looks the “L” in Liberty has an error on the obverse as well. The C and the A are touching on the reverse as well.  Newbie here, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

25B28C09-5E62-42B8-8DA2-796A4C6CFC1D.jpeg

AC085B8F-E815-45A2-9607-6B436652801B.jpeg

Edited by LoveToCoinHunt2
Forgot to add additional information.

That is still a pretty nice dime for being almost 60 years old.  But the pics get kinda blurry if you try to enlarge to look for marks/scuffs. Have you tried going to CoinFacts and compare the coin in hand under magnification to the example grading pics for that coin, like the attached for an MS?

1965 10C (Regular Strike) Roosevelt Dime - PCGS CoinFacts  (www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1965-10c/5130)

Also, I don't see anything at the "L" and the "C" and "A" are supposed to touch.

1965 Dime Clad Copper PCGS MS.jpg

It’s a well preserved late die state 1965 dime. At best, and I do mean BEST, it’s a $1.50 to $2.00 coin. Why? Over 1.6 BILLION made. Yes, the vast majority are beaten up, but it was also a well saved issue. The novelty of clad led to the new coins being saved in some serious numbers. 

On 8/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, LoveToCoinHunt2 said:

This is some good information. Thank you! I didn’t realize that there were that many of these coins made. Wow!

If you are going to collect coins you should at least have a copy of the Official Red Book which is really not much money (library too) and includes basic info on specific coin types by year, mintages (just an indication of availability) and ballpark prices for a coins' grade/condition.  There are also many good resources on the NGC and PCGS websites like grade guidelines, populations, coin values, recent auction prices, etc.

I mentioned you might find a book at a "library too" ... you know that local town or county building that usually has a lot of books you can read for free. :grin:

Internet Fact Check - Library.jpg