• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

authenticating damaged coins

34 posts in this topic

I crossed the United States MULTIPLE times in cars and early SUV’s that HAD NO SEATBELTS while towing Airstream trailers. I wasn’t yet a driver, but my job was leveling the Airstream when we stopped. The first one was in a 1956 Nash and a 26 foot Airstream to visit the Seattle World’s Fair in 1962. 

On 9/25/2022 at 2:04 PM, EagleRJO said:

I don't know how we survived without GFCI outlets, mandatory sealbelts, bike helmets, etc. 😜 

You completely forgot about cell phones and Google maps. How in the world did we actually survive.....hm?  I remember the first "bag phone" I had that you had to plug into your car's 12v cigarette lighter.  Every car had a cigarette lighter in those days; where did they all go......  

Back then, we had to learn how to navigate via a map book. Being in L.E. back in the 90's, to get anywhere you HAD to learn how to read a map and you better sure as heck know were ya where if the SHTF buddy!!!  Lawd help us all if the grid ever goes down...very sad.  However, we did have top of the line Motorola pagers back then!  That was cutting edge technology at it's finest, baby!

Edited by GBrad

On 9/25/2022 at 7:36 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

You had a map?  We had to walk barefoot in the snow at night and follow the stars to school until we could afford a compass.   

Weird Al speaks for my generation. I love seeing it parodied, having known it when it was young and full of rebellion and disrespect, and its members often now trying to pretend they were somehow these sweet, respectful, unselfish youths. I grew up with them and I know better. If anything, the modern generations have had far too much natural rebellion removed from them.