• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Quiz With No Correct Answer

104 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 6:55 PM, CoffeeTime said:

I’ve never been to either, and I’m not a wiz fan either.  I’m partial to Dalessandro's when I do get back there.  

Good choice. I’ve had theirs. Not bad at all. 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, EagleRJO said:

You guys had to start talking about authentic Philly cheesesteak sandwiches ... now I'm gonna have to drive to the next  coin show in Philly to get one. 😉

We're about to get derailed-er! No good Philly cheese steaks on lawn guy land? I'm in the tri-state area and you can usually find a decent substitute, or make your own with steak-umms and cheese whiz. Just have to find the right bread. Good luck! 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:39 PM, VKurtB said:

It’s like adding sugar to a fine Cabernet Sauvignon. 

That is why i stick to Tango, Boones Farm, and Mad Dog 20/20. They always add just the right amount of sugar to the wine. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

We're about to get derailed-er! No good Philly cheese steaks on lawn guy land? I'm in the tri-state area and you can usually find a decent substitute, or make your own with steak-umms and cheese whiz. Just have to find the right bread. Good luck! 

The rolls are a major key. Amoroso’s near Philly, and ATV up closer to Reading. (Alberti, Tomasi, and Vecchio, on S. 3rd St.) Now run by the 8th generation of Alberti’s. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/13/2022 at 9:37 PM, VKurtB said:

The rolls are a major key. Amoroso’s near Philly, and ATV up closer to Reading. (Alberti, Tomasi, and Vecchio, on S. 3rd St.) Now run by the 8th generation of Alberti’s. 

I know my rolls! I see you do too. 

now-i-really-hate-him.gif.f889afe11002394db32d2ce2592d88ef.gif

lollollol

On 8/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, VKurtB said:

The rolls are a major key.

Absolutely.  It’s like trying to find a good bagel outside Brooklyn.  There is one place local to me that does a fairly good job of cheesesteaks, and the owner is from Philly.  It’s still not the real thing. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, CoffeeTime said:

Absolutely.  It’s like trying to find a good bagel outside Brooklyn.  There is one place local to me that does a fairly good job of cheesesteaks, and the owner is from Philly.  It’s still not the real thing. 

High quality flaked beef, good local roll, properly caramelized onions, a cheese that melts well to hold the ingredients in, and my own extra - a sparse layer of chopped hot peppers in oil laid along the hinge of the roll. This cannot be had in Alabama. Darn it.  

It’ll give you clogged arteries, but you’ll die happy. Some red wine helps keep the cardiologist at bay. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/13/2022 at 9:29 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Why the long face @CoffeeTime?

On 8/13/2022 at 9:13 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I would have gone with the zero politics approach and said, Sarah Jessica Parker. But i got your point. 

Ooh, yeahhh. “Cute but equine.”