• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Prestige set
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I’m new to this habit and just received this 1983 prestige sets from Coinguy in Florida. It seems all the coins has an error or it’s normal.

Really appreciate a feedback so I could learn from you members.

Thank you,

Jose4C1DEAF9-A697-4F54-BCA4-605C14055A55.thumb.jpeg.4c286a3d92ec3fd4bbdf890f63933c59.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately you will need to tell us what you think is an error (and provide some in focus closeup photos of those areas you see) as there is no way we can see anything on an individual coin from this moon shot.   The only thing I can say from your photo is that some of the coins look hazy and likely, the set was not stored properly.   As a result the set is not one that many collectors would seek to own or would only buy at a discount.   Sorry if that comes off harsh just telling the honest truth.

Circling back to your comment on errors, if you think the set has a bunch of coins that are from a doubled die, the odds are that you are seeing reflections.   Proof coins that are inside capsules or holders often produce reflections that many inexperienced collectors think is doubling.

I'm sure the OP is talking about what you guys are saying. That haze or tarnish is fairly common on these proofs.