• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorized 2000D Sacagawea Dollar - What is this?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this thing before or know what knock-off company makes these?. I found it in a mixed lot; it weighs 8.048g and the reverse looks like a normal 2000D Sacagawea but there's just something off about the way it feels. I suspect the obverse is just some sort of cheap aftermarket coating because the "D" mintmark can be seen but isn't highlighted. However, there doesn't appear to be a sticker or film coating around the edges. I highly doubt it has anything more than novelty value and perhaps I'll list it on eBay for max $5, but I don't want to do that without knowing anything about it's history or otherwise misrepresent the coin or myself. I scoured the Internet for like items and came up with zilch, so here I am asking for help from any of my fellow NGC members who are more experienced than I. Thanks for whatever you can offer, I appreciate the time & effort - JFD

IMG_20220225_095226622.jpg

IMG_20220225_095114674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220225_095149533.jpg

Yes, a sticker or some type of press-on stencil.  I've seen them on Kennedy halves as well.

I would be more interested in this area of the coin.

edit:  Never mind, it's a D

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 11.59.20 PM.png

Edited by tj96