• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943-P Doubled Eye Jefferson Nickel
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I actually cherrypicked this from my own collection several years ago.  I had it slabbed before I know it wasn't that significant in this condition. 

S20151230_014.jpg

S20151230_015-ccfopt.jpg

S20151230_013-ccfopt.jpg

Very nice, TJ! That's a pretty cool cherry pick.  I'm trying to cherry pick a 1952-A Small A East German 1 Pfennig in nice shape right now.  All I've found are a couple of really ugly ones.  Ah, well.  If I keep looking, one should turn up.....it isn't that rare.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, Mohawk said:

Very nice, TJ! That's a pretty cool cherry pick.  I'm trying to cherry pick a 1952-A Small A East German 1 Pfennig in nice shape right now.  All I've found are a couple of really ugly ones.  Ah, well.  If I keep looking, one should turn up.....it isn't that rare.

Thanks Mohawk!  It was in an old Whitman folder for years and I didn't even know I had it.

Where are you trying to cherrypick that 1952-A Small A East German 1 Pfennig from?

On 2/5/2022 at 10:22 PM, tj96 said:

Thanks Mohawk!  It was in an old Whitman folder for years and I didn't even know I had it.

Where are you trying to cherrypick that 1952-A Small A East German 1 Pfennig from?

I'm looking on eBay.  That's the only place I've looked so far, but I'm going to check out MA-Shops as well.  I'm thinking I may have more luck there, but since it's a German site, I'll probably be able to buy one but not necessarily cherry pick one.  I think I'll get more serious about it once the auction for the 1950-E 10 Pfennig I'm bidding on has ended and I've either won it or lost it.  The 1950-E 10 Pfennig is the real toughie in the early East German run.

Edited by Mohawk

On 2/5/2022 at 10:25 PM, Mohawk said:

I'm looking on eBay.  That's the only place I've looked so far, but I'm going to check out MA-Shops as well.  I'm thinking I may have more luck there, but since it's a German site, I'll probably be able to buy one but not necessarily cherry pick one.  I think I'll get more serious about it once the auction for the 1950-E 10 Pfennig has ended and I've either won it or lost it.  The 1950-E 10 Pfennig is the real toughie in the early East German run.

You might want to keep an eye on this auction site for nickels as well.

https://www.northeastcoin.com/

Edited by tj96

On 2/5/2022 at 10:34 PM, Mohawk said:

Do they have raw German coins there?  I was looking and all I saw were graded items.

Yes, I think you're right.  Only graded coins.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:38 PM, tj96 said:

Yes, I think you're right.  Only graded coins.

That's what I was seeing....but that 1952-E 10 Pfennig in MS 62 might be worth a crackout.....hm

On 2/5/2022 at 9:18 PM, Mohawk said:

If they ever get the Berlin show back live, I bet there will be lots of them in the cheap booths.