• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1787 Connecticut Half Penny (How to submit for NCS and Grading)

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Recently picked up a 1787 Half Penny while in vacation in the UK, Have no idea how to submit it. Certainly will need to go through NCS, but i'm not a member. I am an NGC member though. Unsure of how to submit it on the paperwork. I also have some foreign coinage such as a 1667 Crown I will be submitting but I know that has to be separate, at least I think it does. If I accidentally submit incorrectly will you automatically fix it? or? 

Thanks,

Jwattersmith

• Administrator

Hello,

I see that you have become a paid member.  US and World coins must be on their own form.  Please do not put them on the same form as our receiving department is behind as it is and for them to have to take the time to separate them on different forms slows them down even more.

The grading tiers will be determined by what values you are going to be placing on the coins.  If you value the coins $300 or less per coin, you can submit the US on the Economy tier and the World on the World Value tier.  If you are sending both US and World coins, you can make a note on each submission to have them ship together.

The following link will show you our Services and Fees.

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/ngc/

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

From its description your coin is most likely a 1787 Connecticut "copper," not a halfpenny. They did circulate at around the value of an English halfpenny, but they were not denominated as such. This coin would be submitted as a United States issue.