• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Proof Sovereign - QEII Platinum Jubilee

9 posts in this topic

For anyone interested - the limited edition, 10,500 mintage, Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee sovereign went on sale today. It has a special one year reverse to commemorate the queen’s 70 years of service. 

These are offered directly from the mint, but Chards had them for 25 pounds less starting at nine this morning (their time). I believe they are sold out already, but may be receiving more in the future. These proofs are popular along with the other special issues (namely 1989, 2002 and 2017). I’m not crazy about the design, but…

57AE1845-91B5-49F3-B0F4-DD70634CA782.jpeg

Edited by Zebo
Added content

Didn't know they went on sale today but wasn't really in the market for one. Just checked at the mint website and looks like they gone! 

The RM designs are going the wrong direction for me, not a fan of this one either. If it was more like the one below I would have maybe given it a go.

2022_watermarked_d8927f48-a094-41a9-80e5-195d2f5c0be6_compact.png.87d05260c3f1420e74e5e76d51eadd92.png

The RM doesn't specify rose gold anywhere, and I haven't seen it described as such anywhere else. I believe it is the image of the coin, or rendering, that gives it that appearance. On purpose? The 2021's on the RM website have the same look. but images of the coin "in hand" from online sellers depict it as a more traditional gold color. Another poor computer rendering of a coin and/or pure marketing. IMO.

loijoijo.thumb.png.21008e76c2db385d873dece1b138938d.png

We’ll soon see. I expect it will be the same as the other special issues over the past years. I missed out on the Chards deal, but snagged one from the mint after have a computer glitch that did not allow me to order online. Had to call them. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, Zebo said:

We’ll soon see. I expect it will be the same as the other special issues over the past years. I missed out on the Chards deal, but snagged one from the mint after have a computer glitch that did not allow me to order online. Had to call them. 

How fast did this sell out? Was the demand on par with a U.S. mint release and did the RM website have similar issues? 

Keep us posted on how it looks in hand. (thumbsu

On 11/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

How fast did this sell out? Was the demand on par with a U.S. mint release and did the RM website have similar issues? 

Keep us posted on how it looks in hand. (thumbsu

The computer glitch was not the Royal Mints fault - it was more on my end. They sold out quickly, but nearly not as quick as the US mint on certain offerings. 

the Chards deal sold out in minutes.

Edited by Zebo