• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help and advice

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I received a slabbed NGC coin recently and it has what looks like glue at the top and bottom of the holder. It that normal or has this hold been tampered with?

Thank you.

I have circled the area in your photo that I think you are concerned with, if this is the spot it appears normal from what I can see.  Many if not most slabs will have a spot or two like that where the plastic is melted together by the sonic sealing process.  Now if that area is pushed in or appears that someone stuck a screwdriver in into the plastic leaving a void then that would not be normal.

If your concern is along the lower right side it does look like the slab has been dropped or damaged and is missing some small bit of the plastic.   I cannot tell from your photo is that area of the slab has been compromised, nor can I see the coin well enough to make any determination as to if there is any problems with it.

slab.jpg

Edited by Coinbuf

Hello,

Yep, that is the area. The coin is wonderful and the only issue truly was only the top and bottom of this holder that concerned me. Yes, it was dropped before I got this coin, I knew that.

Thank you for your help and expertise.