• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New seated liberty quarter

22 posts in this topic

Excellent, Niel! You always seem to have all the good looking women around you. As Bill Murray said in the movie, Stripes , "I want to party with you!"

Chris

Great looking quarter, like the like golden toning alot. thumbsup2.gif

Nice find, worth what ever you paid. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I like your coin. Really in nice shape. Did you get it at a coin show? eBay? I have not seen such a nice looking seated liberty quarter before. What do you think it'll grade? Are you going to have it graded? Like someone else said, "Worth whatever you paid for it" 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, I got the coin from Wayne Herndon and it's a 63. It's a pretty solid 63, the darker areas in the pic are from the abrasians but no loss of luster. It really is a great coin. I love finding the better than average but still reasonably affordable coins. smile.gif

that was neil. i'm niel. confused yet?

hey neil did you have a grade on it? i'd like to take a stab at its grading just to develope my skills some. i think it's at au55. very nice.

niel

Sorry, niel! It was a typo...........Army training, Sir!......Bill Murray........ Stripes

Chris

Well, I got the coin from Wayne Herndon and it's a 63. It's a pretty solid 63, the darker areas in the pic are from the abrasians but no loss of luster. It really is a great coin. I love finding the better than average but still reasonably affordable coins. smile.gif

Yes, that is a SOLID 63. What keeps it from being a 64 or 65? The slight wear on the breasts and thigh?

neil i always seem to grade lower than actual???? oh well.

niel

So, uh, do you pronounce it Neal or Nie-elle?

confused.gif

I had nothing to do with this, Niel!

Chris

Heh, I think I've seen more varieties on my name here than in Overton's book... smile.gif

What keeps this coin from a 64 is really that there are just a few too many marks on it. The strike is also not the super strongest. It's a solid 63. The eye appeal is enough to possibly put it into a low end 64 holder but as a 63 it looks right.