• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ram Tanka Or Tokens

3 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum, there is no way that we can give you a valuation from a photo of a pile of coins.  Each coin would need to be looked at individually and assessed for authenticity and individual value.   My suggestion is that you take your coins to a local coin dealer and have him/her look at these and determine a value, a dealer may charge a small fee for the time involved to do this.

Most of these look Indian, either pre- or post-independence. I'd guess your grandfather either came from there, or perhaps served there.

Most of them are not going to be worth a great deal of money. You can start looking them up on Numista if you wish, just to identify them; whether or not you read Devanagari (a fascinating alphabet) will nearly never be an issue thanks to the prevalence of English on Indian coins to this day. Life will get easier if you subsort them into types before you head to Numista. You'd want to identify in particular anything with silver, of which I'm guessing there isn't much.

Any you can't identify or want specific opinions on, please post sharp obverse and reverse cropped photos here, and we'll take a look.