• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Coin Update

6 posts in this topic

I thought I would update everyone on the 22 gold coins I posted in January. I  didn’t want to take all of them into a shop at once so I took a few to multiple coin shops. All the ones I had checked out were good. I still would like to get them graded but I am hesitant to send them via mail because we have trouble getting things out in the country. Hopefully when these big shows start back up I can drop them off and pick them up at a show. I have also learned a lot of valuable information here from the members of this group. It has helped a lot as I’ve continued to collect coins and have added some more coins to my collection. 

Some nice coins there....just on bullion price alone, some nice value and appreciation.  Some of the others will depend on the condition but also very nice.

Do you plan to keep them, sell them, what ?

31 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

Do you plan to keep them, sell them, what ?

Yeah I do plan to keep them all for now at least. There were a lot of coins overall in there. There is about 20 lbs of silver in there too as well as a bunch of really cool paper money. I am trying to go around and collect types of coins that I don't already have.

Edited by Grant Gerlinger

47 minutes ago, Grant Gerlinger said:

Yeah I do plan to keep them all for now at least. There were a lot of coins overall in there. There is about 20 lbs of silver in there too as well as a bunch of really cool paper money. I am trying to go around and collect types of coins that I don't already have.

If there's stuff you don't like with less sentimental value, no problem turning it into something you really like or love.

I inherited a bunch of old bills (very worn silver and gold certificates) and lots of silver coins....it was unwieldly and took up alot of space....turned it into a few graded bills including a nice Gold Certificate plus a Saint-Gaudens.  Kept a few of the older silver coins as a remembrance. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

3 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

If there's stuff you don't like with less sentimental value, no problem turning it into something you really like or love.

I inherited a bunch of old bills (very worn silver and gold certificates) and lots of silver coins....it was unwieldly and took up alot of space....turned it into a few graded bills including a nice Gold Certificate plus a Saint-Gaudens.  Kept a few of the older silver coins as a remembrance. (thumbsu

I have considered maybe turning some of the junk silver into other things. I already have 2 Saints and 4 large gold certificates. Those are probably my two favorites. Although I really like this seated quarter I bought the other day, it’s probably my favorite silver coin now.