• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Auction - 1871 California Fractional Gold 1/4 Dollar Coin

4 posts in this topic

This coin was removed from a charm bracelet owned by a wealthy socialite (Annie Lee McKenzie Dargan) who lived in Atlanta from 1893 - 1961.  Her bracelet was assembled in the early 1900's with coins that were from significant dates.  I am certain the coin is "legitimate" (any buyer is welcome to return it for a full refund and return postage if it is found not to be when submitted for certification).

I have resubmitted this listing on this chat board with updated photos - I understand why Greenstang may have thought it was counterfeit based on the original photos.  Hopefully the newer photos I provided will give you confidence that this coin is authentic, because it is.  If you have it certified by NGC and they find that it is not (highly, highly unlikely), return the coin to me and I will gladly refund the price you paid for the coin, the return postage and the cost of the certification.  Thanks for your time and consideration.