• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I have a couple of coins that I'm thinking about having graded but I don't know if they would fall under US coins or World coins since they are Cook Islands non - circulating leagal tender. I don't have anything so that I would be able to scan a picture of the coins in question but I'll describe them.

Coin "A": It is 16mm in diameter and made from 1/10 oz of .24 gold. The obverse has two eagles in flight, the 2021 date and says "American Double Eagle". The reverse has the Liberty Bell, $5.00 demonation, says "A tribute to the United States" and Cook Islands mint. The coin came with a COA attesting to it's privately minted  non - circulating legal tender status, proof striking and the gold from which it was made from. The COA is signed by Angela "Bay" Buccannon who was the 37th treasurer of the US and by Barry M. Goldwater Jr who was a congressman from CA.

Coin "B": It is roughly 32mm in diameter and made from 1/2 oz of .999 fine silver. The obverse has two eagles in flight, the 2021 date and says "American Double Eagle". The reverse has the Liberty Bell, $2.00 demomanation, says "Atribute to the United States" and Cook Islands mint. The COA for this coin is exactly the same as the coin I listed above exect it says .999 fine silver instead of gold.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Edited by Follis
I forgot to post a detail about the coins in question.

They are world coins, Cook Islands is not part of the US and nowhere close to it.  It is a self governing protectorate of New Zealand.  The fact the company marketing them hired well known Americans to sign the COA's doesn't make them US coins.

Edited by Conder101

5 hours ago, Follis said:

I have a couple of coins that I'm thinking about having graded but I don't know if they would fall under US coins or World coins since they are Cook Islands non - circulating leagal tender. I don't have anything so that I would be able to scan a picture of the coins in question but I'll describe them.

Coin "A": It is 16mm in diameter and made from 1/10 oz of .24 gold. The obverse has two eagles in flight, the 2021 date and says "American Double Eagle". The reverse has the Liberty Bell, $5.00 demonation, says "A tribute to the United States" and Cook Islands mint. The coin came with a COA attesting to it's privately minted  non - circulating legal tender status, proof striking and the gold from which it was made from. The COA is signed by Angela "Bay" Buccannon who was the 37th treasurer of the US and by Barry M. Goldwater Jr who was a congressman from CA.

Coin "B": It is roughly 32mm in diameter and made from 1/2 oz of .999 fine silver. The obverse has two eagles in flight, the 2021 date and says "American Double Eagle". The reverse has the Liberty Bell, $2.00 demomanation, says "Atribute to the United States" and Cook Islands mint. The COA for this coin is exactly the same as the coin I listed above exect it says .999 fine silver instead of gold.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Re Goldwater. I believe AZ is a designation used by the BOP to designate Alcatraz in California.  Goldwater (and "Sammy the Bull" Gravano) are inextricably linked with the state of Arizona.