• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 and 1969 business strike dimes with reverse of 1968 proof .

5 posts in this topic

I'm not a modern dime collector but in looking through the dime registry sets I don't see any slot for a business strike of those dates with a proof reverse.  There is a slot for both of those dates as varieties but the slot just says 69 (and 70) with a 68 reverse no mention of it being a proof reverse.  If what you have is one of those then yes there is a market for it, but most of the time unless its a really cool and highly collected variety they don't always bring large premiums.  I would suggest checking the Heritage  Link  archives and see what the past auction results are for such a coin.   And welcome to the forum.

Looks like current "Buy-it-now" listings on Ebay run the gamut from $4.95 for a raw '70-D in Fine to a PCGS MS64 '69 that is listed at $350. The only "sold" listing I could find was a1970 in ANACS AU58 that went for $9.60 plus shipping.