• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swiss Franc 20

4 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, JimL55 said:

I inherited 300 pre- 1930 Swiss Franc 20 Helvetia UC. Would any of you know of any rare/valuable series in this batch and what do I look for?

I looked in my Krause, which while not reliable is something of a relative starting point, and found that non of the post-1900 issues seem to be great rarities commanding major premiums. If it's any guide at all, unless a given coin could slab well above MS-60, they're probably mainly worth their bullion value (.1867 x the current gold spot price). You might want to scan the NGC World Coin Price Guide.

They are currently retailed at about $387 each in lots of 20+. Your hoard has an approximate retail value of $116100.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:38 PM, RWB said:

They are currently retailed at about $387 each in lots of 20+. Your hoard has an approximate retail value of $116100.

Nothing to sneeze at. Gesundheit.