• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

silver eagle question

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to coin collecting and have started with some silver eagles. I was under the assumption 1986 was the first year of the silver eagles so I am confused about a coin I just pick up. It is an 1996 with a 20th anniversary label. Also it says it is # 416 of 2005. My 2 questions are How does 10 years make a 20th anniversary and 2005 of what? The NGC # is 1952032-016  and it is a PF69UC . Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Yes, first year for ASE's was 86.

Not sure what the label is referring to, other than something/someone had a 20th anniversary (I'm guessing) in 2005 and they churned out a special label for it. As far as I can tell the coin has no particular relation to the label as I have seen this label used with ASE's of varying dates. I wanted to guess that it was NGC 20th anniversary but that doesn't seem to match. Just a bunch of fluff. 

I'm assuming this is the label in question. If it is I'm sure someone will be able to identify it.

830209036_s-l1600(23).jpg.51491d210ac82d5d0e0dd642713b7dd0.jpg