• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolls of Circulated Pennies 1959-1982

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I used to save all my pennies in a giant whiskey bottle and then every so often I would empty it and look for wheat pennies then roll the rest up and take to the bank.  At some point,  I rolled up and kept 1 roll of circulated pennies from each year from 1959 to 1982, P, D & S mintmarks.  I don't remember what he reason was but I did not save any more after 1988.  My question is, are they worth hanging onto or should I just take them to the bank?  As always, I appreciate your info and thank you and stay safe.

I would suggest you look at the 1972 and 1970 rolls for any of the 1972 doubled die coins and the 1970S small date high 7 coins.  There are a few other varieties which you can find listed in a cherry picker guide book also.  The rest I would just turn in.