• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First King of Poland

3 posts in this topic

Bolesław IBolesław the Brave, Bolesław Chrobry, (born 966/967—died June 17, 1025), Duke from 992 and then from 1024 the first King of Poland. Boleslaw expanded his country's territory to include Pomerania, Lusatia  and, for a time, the Bohemian princely lands. He made Poland a major European state and also created a Polish church independent of German control.

In 1925, Poland issued a 20 and 10 Zloty gold coin to commemorate King Boleslaw's 900th anniversary of his death (1025-1925) with 2025 just around the corner and the 1,000th year anniversary - do you believe there will be a similar issue coming out of the Polish Mint? 

image.jpg

Edited by Zebo
Added photo

I don't see why not the The Mint of Poland is in a word, prolific, when it comes to churning out NCLT and commemoratives (especially the smartminting NCLT). The National Bank of Poland has no problem with ok'ing new and/or commemorative designs, to me it's a slam dunk. Yes.

I think the only question is, will the commemorative be produced for circulation, NCLT, or both? How many varieties? 

50 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I think the only question is, will the commemorative be produced for circulation, NCLT, or both? How many varieties? 

All good questions. Hopefully for circulation and NCLT. I like the design and the earlier issue is a very short, two coin set.