• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a look at some pretty colors that will not break your pocket book

20 posts in this topic

Here is a pretty buffalo ..... Color can do wonders for circulated coins.... This came out of a year set... like my 1935 I have shown... this is a 1934.... For good measure I will show both

824463-1934.jpg

824465-1935Buff.jpg

824463-1934.jpg.1f0191eacb00425adc20c0db713a8188.jpg

I always wonder... what makes a non-silver coin tone? Do you have any pictures of toned Jeffersons? Is that possible?

These coins are really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Great looking pieces, Bruce. Album toned circulated coins are fun to collect. An entire album full of them would be quite impressive.

I always wonder... what makes a non-silver coin tone? Do you have any pictures of toned Jeffersons? Is that possible?

Same processes that cause silver to oxidize also cause other metals to oxidize. I have a number of toned Jeffersons in my registry sets.

Hoot

Great looking pieces, Bruce. Album toned circulated coins are fun to collect. An entire album full of them would be quite impressive.

Same processes that cause silver to oxidize also cause other metals to oxidize. I have a number of toned Jeffersons in my registry sets.

Hoot

That is really cool. I'll have to get out my Whitman albums from when I was a kid and see if there is any nice toning going on. I was unaware that non-silver coins could tone so nicely. 893whatthe.gif (besides some really nice toned cents I have run across)

Very nice. I have an album of circulated mercs that look very similiar. I'll have to take some pics one of these days.

I have pulled both of these from year sets..... Same type of sets and just picked up the 1934.... just something cool to have...

Nice, r these graded? They look nicer than f-12
3/4ths of the horn must show to be F-12... I think fine 12 suit both fairly well.... What do you think?

I must say, speaking as someone whom generally prefers nice shiny dimes, those buffs look fantastic! thumbsup2.gif

I may have to make room for a few like 'em in my collection.

Nice, r these graded? They look nicer than f-12
3/4ths of the horn must show to be F-12... I think fine 12 suit both fairly well.... What do you think?

Ur right, I got caught in the moment. hehe

Beautiful example of all coins shown! Excellent point how sweet colors can add tremendously to the eye-appeal of a circulated piece.

I have a set of circulated Jeffersons in a Whitman album which I have had for thirty years since I was a kid. They have basically been undisturbed for all of this time, yet, they don't even have an iota of color. Even a couple of ms pieces are still blast white. Strange since no storage precautions were ever taken.

I have a complete set of Mercs and Walkers in Dansco albums, now, just setting. I'll be able to see them this Sept after I'm done with my current assignment. This will make a full year exactly with them setting undistubed. My fingers will be crossed, hoping that there is some nice toning going on.

Thanks everyone -- and I didnt mean to derail the thread --

Those are some awesome toned Buffs, which is what really got me started on the toned Jeffs -- I couldnt afford nicely toned MS Buffs --- and circulated rainbow toned Buffs are very rare. So I decided that a toned MS Jeff set was more affordable. Lately I picked up 3 toned Buffs and I'm trying to do a toned short set, but the 2 posted in this thread are just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing and for the nice comments!

Michael

I've always liked Buffalos that have a "oily" tone appearance. Especially the circ ones. Yours are really nice. Thanks,

Jerry

I just want to thank everybody for the nice comments I might try and put a circultaed set of buffs together... that would be a site.... always something to work for smile.gif