• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 D Lincoln no FG
1 1

5 posts in this topic

1. I’m semi familiar with the 1969 and early 70’s Lincoln no FG but couldn’t find much, if anything at all, about a 77 D no FG. Thought it was a neat find. I know there were a whole bunch of 77’s produced so not sure if this is a result of die deterioration or an over polished die.  Thanks. 

0261EF0D-C28F-4685-9116-914F28BA9C2B.jpeg

EEAAFE1E-C66F-4EF7-A63D-021938CB503F.jpeg

Most likely an overpolished die. This can happen on any year Lincoln Memorial. Notice how part of the post on the roof is also missing. This seems to go hand in hand with the missing letters. There is alsol a broken post on the mm.

15 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

There is alsol a broken post on the mm.

You got me at first on this sentence...lol. I was thinking you were referring to the mint mark (mm)..... Then I realized you were referring to the column on the monument. Good observation. Pretty cool. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, James_OldeTowne said:

This is actually pretty cool - akin to collecting Walkers with no monogram.  Nice post!

Thanks!