• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 D RPM?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, this Lincoln has seen much better days but I thought I’d share this one. Couldn’t find this RPM listing anywhere, not even on Variety Vista. Anyone seen this variety of an RPM before?  The coin is obviously “toast” but the date and mint mark  are about the only devices that are somewhat preserved on this coin. And I don’t see how PMD could produce the defined edges of what appears to be a D on top of a D. Thanks. 

0B4D956E-661F-4197-8A6F-0E098E63E5E5.jpeg

C60B7EC2-86E2-4E84-A7BF-A4A0A4E51B6B.jpeg

AFDF6479-D017-4D55-9FF9-AF20F83D2E8B.jpeg

To damaged to be able to say, copper is very mailable  so it may very well just be some metal displaced from the mm, in any case the coin is to damaged to be able to attribute even if it were an RPM. 

2 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

To damaged to be able to say, copper is very mailable  so it may very well just be some metal displaced from the mm, in any case the coin is to damaged to be able to attribute even if it were an RPM. 

Yes, I totally agree about the damage and not being attributable. I came across it today and the only reason I posted it was because the date and mm were not completely demolished like the rest of the coin and the mm looked intact (for the most part). Wasn’t looking for a lot of feedback on this one. Was just curious  if anyone had seen a possible mm in this configuration. Thank you Coinbuf.  

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It doesn't look like an RPM at all, just a mintmark that was scraped out of shape.

18 minutes ago, DWLange said:

It doesn't look like an RPM at all, just a mintmark that was scraped out of shape.

Roger that. Thank you.