• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942d double die very heavy on the mint mark

8 posts in this topic

Should be very interesting getting people to offer you four figures based on uncropped, fuzzball photos. Did that occur to you?

Welcome to the forum, there is no way for anyone to be able to help or identify the coin from the photos you have posted in your op.  We will need clear in focus closeup photos, also please crop your photos so that the coin doesn't appear to have been photographed from the moon.

Edited to add: I don't know where you got your price point from; and while your photos are poor it is clear that the coin is a very low grade coin.  Even if it is a DDO as you claim the value is under $100 from my quick auction archive search.

Edited by Coinbuf

Huh? $4500? Am I on Etsy? I can guess that you see $4500 under MS63 for the 1942-D 42/41 DDO FS-101 in Cherrypickers. I can also see that the rim is worn completely off most of the reverse. Other than that, what the other two said.

Or maybe it's a silver dime that has been COATED with mercury. Anybody think of that? :roflmao:Besides, to me, the entire coin looks to be bent.

Edited by VKurtB