• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 d nickel info need

8 posts in this topic

1969 d nickel small d with a rpm...it has die deterioration doubling I think in date star on obverse and has a die clash on reverse with doubling on states United..

It this coin of any value ....not the greatest condition but I think it's unique ....I need help on this nickel....

20200623_215223.jpg

Edited by Brad adams

I don't t really see anything that can't be attributed to damage or wear. Even if there was a minor error, threre would be no premium because of the condition.

Brad,

You can do what you like, but when I see any coin that is that beat up, I stop right there and don’t even look at it anymore for anything. There is nothing else that could be there that could make up for that damage. There is only one variety that could conceivably be an exception for me, the 1939 DDR.

23 hours ago, Modwriter said:

Would a coin with all these nicks be considered circulated Poor condition or Fair condition?

The obverse picture no longer shows up for me, but, I can give a grade for the reverse.The technical grade would actually be more in the VF/XF range.

3 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The obverse picture no longer shows up for me, but, I can give a grade for the reverse.The technical grade would actually be more in the VF/XF range.

I'm tossing too many coins into my roll and return jar.