• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 ANA Convention postponed

9 posts in this topic

The 2020 ANA convention in Pittsburgh has been "postponed." Now might be a good time to sell your hot dog, mustard and ugly shirt stocks.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:39 PM, RWB said:

The 2020 ANA convention in Pittsburgh has been "postponed." Now might be a good time to sell your hot dog, mustard and ugly shirt stocks.

I think the time to sell those was back in March. lol

The only things I've bought of a little of (other than through the company's managed 401K) was some gold mining stocks. Those are down some from their highs but I'm still up overall for now and getting dividends so I can't complain too much - I knew I should have sold those share of GOLD when it hit $28 and waited to buy back in later. I just knew it! But I didn't....

Now, my wife, she wanted to buy Carnival stock (CCL). That... has been a whole 'nother adventure. lol 

Anyway. There actually are some things I would be / will be interested in once we get another drop but I'm just absolutely not interested right now at these prices with the Dow at ~26,000. It's all the FED and premature hope and nothing else.

ANA's not really a surprise though. I'm more surprised that NGC is planning their own event in place of it. I love the attempt to support the hobby and do something nice for the client / customer base but all face-to-face stuff just seems so risky right now. I live in Texas though, so with our virus numbers going up I'm almost afraid of my shadow. We've been self-isolating at home for about 14 weeks now, except for our little pool house excursion. Even then, we were all to ourselves except for her mother coming to join us. That was great fun though.

The idea of holding a 2020 WFoM in either Colorado Springs (at the Broadmoor) or Salt Lake City is being considered. If either happens, I will be there.

Probably should wait on those condiment stocks; there could be more demand for this event after a year without... Then again, they might go stale after a whole year 😂

2 hours ago, 1917 said:

Probably should wait on those condiment stocks; there could be more demand for this event after a year without... Then again, they might go stale after a whole year 😂

They might go well with that 20 year old McD burger in Australia, or the one in Utah?

50 minutes ago, RWB said:

They might go well with that 20 year old McD burger in Australia, or the one in Utah?

Oh, you invested in MusHavd, Inc,  which makes synthetic imitational mustard from the genetics of a toad and water lilly. You see, I went with MmmStard Co, which, allegedly, produces a combination mustard which contains 89.97% real mustard (while the stocks aren't at their high with the postponement of the WFM, I fortunately haven't entirely lost on them, as I bought in at their all-time low when it was discovered the other 10.03% of the mustard wasn't all-natural ingredients, but in fact it was mostly corn syrup, with a little horse radish and vodka). Anyhow, the stocks have halved since May, simply on fears that space aliens will be angry about the mustard thrown out, or something. However, MusHavd, Inc, is slightly up. Thus I would reccomend increasing portfolio diversity by selling some, and utilize the profit to buy low in MmmStard Co. Whatever you do, avoid Yumustard, Inc, because I hear that in a few months their gonna wind up with a scandal bigger than Enrelish.

the things that come of the postponement of the WFM, such as this strange discussion...

Edited by 1917
adding a word to improve clarity of message

"Strange discussion...."

What "strange discussion?" Seems entirely normal - at least for the present.

2 hours ago, RWB said:

"Strange discussion...."

What "strange discussion?" Seems entirely normal - at least for the present.

very true....