• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 S penny DDO and S/D

8 posts in this topic

I found this 1945 S/D DDO is this coin a DDO/ DDR I saw just very light doubling on reverse but really don't know for sure and someone help me identify this coin

Just now, Brad adams said:

I found this 1945 S/D DDO is this coin a DDO/ DDR I saw just very light doubling on reverse but really don't know for sure and someone help me identify this coin

20200609_161609.jpg

there are no varieties for 1945 P, D, or S cents listed in the 5th edition of the CPG so I doubt you have anything worthwhile, but I can tell nothing from your pictures

24 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

Why is there not any varieties in 1945 there is DDO in 1945 and 1945 d is there not

Moxie15 referenced the CPG (cherry pickers guide) in his reply; the CPG lists the major or more interesting and sought after varieties.  You are correct that Variety Vista lists several minor DDO's (5) for the 1945-S; but as I said these are minor DDO's which have little to no premium to many collectors.

Getting back to your op Variety Vista doesn't list any S/D OMM for 1945-S, and I couldn't find any reference to a 1945-S/D on any of the other Lincoln cert sites that I use either.  I see no signs of any doubling or of any OMM on the photos you posted, but the photos are not good enough to be able to say for sure as the DDO's listed on VV are very minor.

Edited by Coinbuf

1 hour ago, Moxie15 said:

there are no varieties for 1945 P, D, or S cents listed in the 5th edition of the CPG so I doubt you have anything worthwhile, but I can tell nothing from your pictures

I couldn't find anything either but I think it's definitely a omm but I can't say that 100 percent...let me see if I can take it under my microscope camera it has alot more megapixel