• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure of value to enter on submission form

3 posts in this topic

Hi, New to NGC and new to collecting. This coin Roman Empire Tiberius Tribute penny (14-37ad) that I want to send it for conservation and grading. I don't know much about it and i'm not sure of the value to put on the submission form.  I have 2 questions...

1. Is the coin even worth sending in for conservation. 

2. If I am not sure of the value what amount do I enter on the form.

Any help would be appreciated. I have 5 or 6 ancient coins that aren't graded and are just in flips. I just joined this site and I was going to send this coin in as a trial to see how the grading process goes. But when I saw the forums I figured I'd post here first to get opinions if it's even worth it. 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

I do not think you would gain buy sending it in for conserving or grading. If you would like it encapsulated then fine, but it is doubtful you would ever recoup what you spend. 

What foreign substance do you see that is damaging the coin? That, as I understand it, is what conservation deals with. I don't see anything like that on this piece.