• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mexican $20 coin
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have a mexican coin about the size of a half dollar.estados unidos mexicanos on one side and 1981 $20 on the other side.is this coin worth anything?

22 minutes ago, bmmc said:

I have a mexican coin about the size of a half dollar.estados unidos mexicanos on one side and 1981 $20 on the other side.is this coin worth anything?

Likely not. That issue is not rare. No one knows without seeing pics, but odds are long enough it's probably not worth posting them. In VF it books for US$0.60, which means it's really worth about a dime from a collecting standpoint. It has no face value, as it was demonetized in 1995.

24 minutes ago, bmmc said:

This it ? ...If you simply put that same info in NGC search parameters you can get the same info. It's a great tool for looking things up especially when no images are provided....and it will be pesos not U.S. dollar symbol.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/mexico-estados-unidos-mexicanos-20-pesos-km-508-1985-1990-cuid-1116311-duid-1418319

Just now, EdG_Ohio said:

This it ? ...If you simply put that same info in NGC search parameters you can get the same info. It's a great tool for looking things up especially when no images are provided....and it will be pesos not U.S. dollar symbol.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/mexico-estados-unidos-mexicanos-20-pesos-km-508-1985-1990-cuid-1116311-duid-1418319

The Mexican peso uses the US$ symbol.

9 hours ago, EdG_Ohio said:

I stand corrected, didn't look close at image on NGC version. Thanks, devil in the details.

It threw me as well when I first got into world coins. The number of currency symbols out there is amazing.

Well I'm gonna have to look into these symbols. Thanks for educating me to them.

I usually go to en.numista.com because I wasn't aware the our Host had such a area for review and because it is a very easy site to navigate for just about any Coin I've had occasion to look up.