• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Susan b Anthony error coin

3 posts in this topic

I have a what I believe is a P possibly D are coin that I believe is a strike off center but has some kind of doubling but I believe is machine doubling I'm fairly new at this I'm trying to find out if it's a coin that I can have sent in to be graded and not just sent back to me and if anybody can give me a ballpark value on the coin I have no idea where to begin

15865528420717541997782696020413.jpg

Yes the coin is struck off center, not sure of the percent off center just guessing maybe 15%.  Here is a link to another graded example for sale on Ebay, looks to be about the same amount off center as yours but in better condition.  Ebay coin  From your photo the obv of your coin looks like its an AU coin condition wise with a big fingerprint.  I don't think its worth getting it graded as by the time you spend the $50-$60 to have yours graded and the error attributed you might be able to make $10 after the selling fees.

Edited to add: The doubling is just strike doubling and adds no value.

Edited by Coinbuf

Welcome to the Forum

Not sure if it is struck off centre or not as only the obverse is showing. It could be just a minor MAD which has no increase in value. This is one of the reasons that both sides should be shown when posting pictures of a coin.