• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade This Walker For Me

12 posts in this topic

Ok----Here are your hints: 1---The coin is original 2--- Coin has been graded and slabbed by NGC. I would give you more but I need a totally objective but subjective answer. Thanks for your time and effort. Bob [supertooth]

821126-1917-SOBV.jpg.176539234d02cf84438e22ef8ec954ac.jpg

Very nice walker. This one is right on the line between VF35 and XF40. Usually, the breast must be full and completely separated from he skirt. Since it is an "S" mint obverse, which are notoriously ugly, and the coin is very, very clean, NGC grades it XF40.

TRUTH

First----Thanks to all who replied. This was a serious attempt on my part to actually run a check on my own grading. I knew that I was right, in my own mind, but felt that I should "MAKE SURE".

Special Thanks go to Bank Note 1-----Wish that you would have seen the reverse photo----It might have changed your opinion a little.

A double thanks to truthteller. Not only did you vote but you followed it up with "why" you felt as you did. Your NGC threads have followed your name very well----you are a truthteller. Thank you.

And a triple thanks to Tom B. You also took the time to respond on the reverse picture. Short but sweet----and honestly correct. You proved me correct about myself and to you a "special" thanks.

To Silver Dollar Man----Some were joking. I know that Leo was. Some are inexperienced and just need more time. And then some were dead right on. Depending on how you look at it.

OK----NGC graded this coin a VF35