• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 Lincoln cent.....need some help on this one
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Looking for some comments and opinions on what happened here. I‘m fairly certain it’s not PMD as the “lower” mint mark is clearly punched and rounded from the mint. I thought that RPM’s or OMM’s weren’t supposed to exist for some time now. I had to use my loupe on my cell camera to take this pic but it turned out ok. Still learning here. Thanks!!

-Greg

D40964C9-3B6E-4FC3-B2D6-62634AEC3A29.jpeg

Thank you all for your input. I’m starting to feel like a “newbie” all over again. The thing that caught my eye with this coin is that the raised effect/ “lettering” under and beside the D MM looks to be part of the minting process. It’s very hard to tell in the pic as I could not get a good clear pic. It actually looks to be rounded and has good copper color. The “silver” discoloration was there when I found it and I’m sure it totally has to do with this zinc type issue.  I will stash it in my “not so cool” collection, LOL. Believe me, I’ve found numerous coins that I have not posted but have done a lot of research online only to find that they are just poor/weak punches, useless errors, non-varieties, etc......  I will soon be posting a 1975 P Lincoln cent for observation for you guys for your opinion. I know there’s never been a true DDR found on this year cent but there’s always a first..... probably what keeps me looking for hours at a time.... this is addictive!! Ha. It’s getting much much more easier for me to to discern between true known varieties and just plain junk. Thanks again for all you guy’s responses.

-Greg

As was previously stated on another of your posts, it is nice to see a "newbie" who is willing to learn and do research on his own. (Unlike some here who find it easier to just post without trying to figure it out on their own.) Your learning fast. I'm sure nobody on this Forum would have any qualms about answering any questions you may have. Let's see your 1975P Lincoln

Hey Greenstang and thank you for the nice comment. Been working on some of my equipment before it started raining yet again here in Georgia....... Geese!!!!  I will try to take some pics tonight of the 1975 and post. Thanks again!!!