• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1856 Flying Eagle Penny Authenticity

3 posts in this topic

I inherited a coin collection and found two 1856 Flying Eagle pennies and other coins.  Would anyone know authenticy, condition and value of these coins.

It would only allow me to attach one pic due to size limitations.

I can email additional pics

15831557137422810835583018187013.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

In order for anyone to make any sort of evaluation of your coins, you will first have to provide clear, close-up pictures of both sides of each coin. I suggest removing the coins from their holders (carefully, over a soft cloth, handled only by the edge), then photographing each side as clearly as possible, one coin per picture. Then, crop your photos, which will enlarge them, and post one coin - back and front - per post. If the size is too large, do some studying on how to resize them to fit. The site limit of 4.88MB is more than adequate to post large, clear pictures.

Agree with Just Bob

In order to help you, you have to help us so unless we have larger clear photos where we can see all the detail on the coin, we would be just guessing. As stated, putting each coin in it's own posting is preferred.

Looking forward to seeing what you have.