• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture for your thought

9 posts in this topic

R420Coins....

Do you have a particular question about the coins you posted photos of?  If so, please make sure that you post it with the photos.  Posts with pictures of coins without any questions or other text are very difficult to interpret and are very unhelpful to us.

Edited by Mohawk

I like when make me work lol.  I was only seeking other veiws. To see what they may see.however ! I'm thinking its a large date over a small date .if you also look at the mint mark .it shows above D.as well as under it! The 6 is over top a 6 which is causing doubling .on the no mint mark it to is the same way .what is your eye on this 

Okay....thank you for the explanation.  It's very helpful to know what you are looking for help on.  As far as your coins, I don't see anything unusual about them from the photos provided.  The 1960-D is a Small Date and the 1960 is a Large Date.  I don't see any evidence of any errors.

3 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Hey Mohawk .so what would be your opinion, on my half stamped coins ?

Well.....I don't think that they're half struck.  Such a thing would essentially be impossible.  You could have a coin which is only struck on half of the planchet, but it would be deformed in shape and would have both obverse and reverse designs.  I cannot think of a way that what those coins are showing happened at the mint, so I'm going to say that they're heavily damaged.

Thank you because that's why put as half stamped. Because it shows Jefferson face and somewhat of the coin reverse building. Yet ! Damage by stamped under building with other remains of different coin sign! .so yes see how I do appreciate you and Bob .I have learned alot from you and Bob .thanks. 👍😀

23 minutes ago, R420coins said:

Thank you because that's why put as half stamped. Because it shows Jefferson face and somewhat of the coin reverse building. Yet ! Damage by stamped under building with other remains of different coin sign! .so yes see how I do appreciate you and Bob .I have learned alot from you and Bob .thanks. 👍😀

No problem.....I'm always glad to lend a hand.  Sorry that the news wasn't better, but this is all part of the learning process.  The more you learn to recognize different kinds of damage, the better your chances are at recognizing actual errors and varieties.  Everyone here had to go through a learning process like this at some point.  I've been doing this for 20 years continuously this year and I'm still learning new stuff :)