• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1992 Uncirculated Bank set?

5 posts in this topic

It is  an aftermarket set made up of uncirculated business strikes. Not sure who produced it though. What is the wording on the medallion under the half dollar?

4 hours ago, Greenstang said:

It is  an aftermarket set made up of uncirculated business strikes. Not sure who produced it though. What is the wording on the medallion under the half dollar?

I could be wrong, but I that medallion looks like one of the little medallions that were struck on cent planchets and included in Mint Sets in the late 1980's and the 1990's until 1999.  I also think it's an aftermarket set.  They likely cut up some Mint Sets and sold the coins from Philly and Denver individually. 

Your not wrong Mohawk-

I did a little research and the Token first appeared in the Cello Uncirculated Mint Sets in 1984 and ran until 1998. So as you say someone has cut them out of the P & D Mint sets and used them for there own aftermarket sets.