• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy Half

9 posts in this topic

Well....the incuse ding between the T and Y in Liberty looks like post-minting damage to me.  With the numeral 6, are those marks raised or are they incuse?  If they're raised, they could be the result of some sort of die deterioration but if they're incuse, I'd say post-minting damage there as well.

From the reverse picture it looks like the coin was mounted in something.  Is it possible that is solder around the rim on the reverse?  It is hard to tell from the pic.

Raised yes !reverse edge as well coin came out of a old Whitman hard case holder could not take a very clear picture while in holder so I took it out I'll post some more clear pictures in a moment I dont have a high dollar monitor connected to a stereo microscope just using my grandfathers old 8x loupe as a lens