• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these errors

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The nickel took a hit to the mintmark in circulation, and the quarter appears to have been run through a counting or roll wrapping machine. The bottom line is that they are damaged outside the mint and not error coins.

@DWLange I do not wish to insult your experience and knowledge, I can only hope that someday I am as knowledgeable about our American Mint and it's coinage . But I cannot help but ask these questions. ....... if the quarter was damaged in a coin Roller and this is how the stems of the 9's were (for lack of a better word) "cut off", does it not Male sense that there would be some sort of markings from that around that area. Also, would'nt the number 1 and 4 be damaged in that lower area also? The area of the 9 on that downward stroke looks smooth where it ends abruptly. I also do not see the telltale scratches on the coin we normally see from rollers. Thank you I am just asking these questions to further grow my knowledge and understanding of error coins