• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old soap bar slab. Will it grade higher through NGC?

9 posts in this topic

Pics are a little fuzzy, but I don't think that one would get an upgrade. 64 looks right to me. And, although the mirrors are nice,  like Davids5104 said, it might get knocked back to PL.

Good looking coin, though.(thumbsu

11 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Pics are a little fuzzy, but I don't think that one would get an upgrade. 64 looks right to me. And, although the mirrors are nice,  like Davids5104 said, it might get knocked back to PL.

Good looking coin, though.(thumbsu

Hey bob Thanks for the advice on the 84O.  If you don’t mind taking a look at this franklin and your opinion on if it is capable of 67 FBL through NGC.AF98EB2E-0592-435E-B749-1B21C3ED3AC7.thumb.png.3ac609cd050708baa46eacedfd6821ad.png

A7FCA740-4B8D-4B48-8112-5EEF1E929A83.png

The lines are not complete all the way across, so no FBL for that one. As for the grade, I honestly can't grade toned coins very well from pictures, because the toning tends to obscure minor surface marks, at least to my eyes.

10 hours ago, TON Collection said:

1893 Carson City.  EX - 45 

image.jpg

image.jpg

11 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The lines are not complete all the way across, so no FBL for that one. As for the grade, I honestly can't grade toned coins very well from pictures, because the toning tends to obscure minor surface marks, at least to my eyes.

Pcgs gave it a ms 66 FBL  but I understand what you’re saying about the line it’s hard to see in the picture the Tone Covered someof the area. Franklin half dollar Exactly what I was having a hard time with grading tone coins

7 hours ago, TON Collection said:

Pcgs gave it a ms 66 FBL  but I understand what you’re saying about the line it’s hard to see in the picture the Tone Covered someof the area. Franklin half dollar Exactly what I was having a hard time with grading tone coins

It is my understanding that PCGS only requires one set of lines to be complete to get the FBL designation, while NGC requires both to be complete. That is reason for my response that I don't think it would qualify for the designation at NGC.

5 hours ago, Just Bob said:

It is my understanding that PCGS only requires one set of lines to be complete to get the FBL designation, while NGC requires both to be complete. That is reason for my response that I don't think it would qualify for the designation at NGC.

I did not no that. Well damn 

5 hours ago, Just Bob said: