• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fresh roll of pennies from the '60s shows an interesting piece of wear

2 posts in this topic

I recently inherited some of my Great Grandmothers coin collection, she worked for banks so the rolls I was going through had never been opened and were other than this bit of wear were in mint condition. Link to image album The photos show what I'm describing best but the top center of the Lincoln Memorial shows varying levels of flatness with some showing perfect details other showing none what would this be considered if anything? Even if it is of no extra value figured there may be some interest in something odd like this.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Inconsistency of strike is common on Lincoln Memorial Cents, particularly those made before the relief was lowered in 1984. Any part of the reverse that is opposite a high area of relief on the obverse would often fail to fill the dies. It has no added value.