• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC...Fake or mistake??

2 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 1941 D Mercury Dime in a NGC slab. After getting home and looking at the NGC database photos based on the Cert #, they have a different coin pictured than what’s in my slab. My 1st thought was that I had gotten a counterfeit coin. But the odd thing is after looking at NGCs photos more closely, it doesn’t even appear to be a 1941 coin in the slab. It looks more like a 1943 dated coin. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. The coin I purchased is a golden toned color (1st two pictures). The coin from the NGC database is more of a blast white (last picture).

636E96BE-FEFD-4AAC-9742-2FF536F80BD1.jpeg

BC99FA9E-E7E6-445D-81CC-4C58D2D03BE5.png

87A02BA7-C5DF-4835-A198-F669E346BAC9.png

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Your coin is not fake. It is a genuine example certified by NGC. It appears that the four coins on this invoice originally were slabbed in the wrong sequence. This was later corrected, but the old online images remain. Number 4872651-002 is correct for the 1941-D dime.