• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No question, just excited.

7 posts in this topic

Hey Fellows. I bid in my auction last week and won on two things. Neither of which I'm fairly sure none of you would be interested in. In all I will have 7 Proof Sets, one for '69-the year of my birth which is fairly hard to find. I am hopefully going to be quite happy because next time I see a posting that says, ' share your most recent acquisition' I'll be able to participate. Whoop! Whoop!

Congrats Karen! And you'd be wrong about the level of interest regarding your purchases.  I for one LOVE moderns......my award winning Custom Set that is all coins with birds and other dinosaurs on them is entirely moderns aside from two pieces.  It's always cool to have coins from your birth year as well.  One of my favorite items is a 1980 (my birth year) West German Hamburg Mint Proof Set.  It's not hugely rare, but it was a birthday present from my partner and it was also one of the very first coin related gifts she ever gave me.....it'll always be one of my most special pieces.  Your 1969 Proof Set will be one of those for you, I'm sure.  What other years of Proof Sets did you win?  I'd love to know!

~Tom

Well, i love how you talk like coins with dinosaurs aren't anything special, lol, idt I've ever seen one. I would love to see what you have, Tom. I bet there's an education in them.  Seeing this reminds me that I was supposed to have sent you photos of what German coins I have. I'm going to remember to do that soon.

Anywho, I wound up with 6 proofs sets of which all are deep cameo and beautiful. There is '69, '78,  '79,  '80, and 2 from '82. Then I got a giant disappointment from a mint set, not a proof set,  from '62 that I paid way too much for the coins but the lesson learned will prove to be invaluable. 

Sorry it took so long to respond to y'all but I haven't been able to access the site for a while. I finally went incognito and it let me sign on.

If your 1969 set is actually deep cameo then you have something really nice.  Deep cameos before 1973 are unusual.  A full set really unusual.

It is not the Deep Cameo. Those are the frosted ones, right? They are still super nice coins, and I really only wanted them for a collection I am building. I know y'all look down on breaking sets open, but rest assured that each coin will be put into my collection and none will be sold.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:12 AM, Conder101 said:

If your 1969 set is actually deep cameo then you have something really nice.  Deep cameos before 1973 are unusual.  A full set really unusual.

I see where I did indeed say all. Idky I didn't clarify the '69 set isn't frosted. Sorry about that.