• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

“United States Proof Coins 1936-1942” ordering information

9 posts in this topic

The new book, “United States Proof Coins 1936-1942,” is now available from Wizard Coin Supply – www.wizardcoinsupply.com. The book link is in the middle of the page.

The cost is $39.95 and I think most orders will qualify for a promotional shipping rate (but check when you order).

The book covers, in detail, just about everything concerning this short series of proofs. Much of the material also applies to the 1950-54 proofs, too. But they are not directly part of the book.

See the NGC US Coin Forum post for subject details and discussion.

Books are selling very well -- especially since there has been no publicity except two message boards.

3 hours ago, RWB said:

Books are selling very well -- especially since there has been no publicity except two message boards.

I'm not sure how much they cost, but have you considered taking out a couple of ads in CoinWorld or the Numismatist? I would think a couple of well placed ads would increase sales dramatically. In addition, you could see if those publications would review your book for you - a positive review would convince a lot of people to buy it. 

My copy is in transit.... 

Review copies and press releases have gone to major hobby publications. Ads will be appearing also.

Scheduling can be difficult when a book is printed on "as-available" press time. I prefer to have books in stock before making publication announcements and committing to ads. That seems to keep purchasers happier than constantly shifting delivery dates. ("As-available" means that the book is set up, but not printed until there is a suitable break in other printing work. The opportunity could come the next day or a month later -- maybe longer. It's the only way to get an affordable rate when dealing with less than 5,000 copies.)

An article about the new book United States Proof Coins 1936-1942 is the lead for today’s Coin World e-newsletter.

An article also appears in the May 8 issue of Coin World.

Autographed and plain copies are the same price. If you want an autograph, just request it when you order.

Wizard Coin Supply - the distributor - will be running occasional ads in hobby publications.