• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got grades for an Earlybird Crossover and Some Raw Economy Coins... I did WELL!

11 posts in this topic

I sent some coins at the beginning of April... one Earlybird Crossover, and three regular... I got the grades for both submissions today, and all I can say is SWEET!

Earlybird...

1881-S S$1 ANACS MS66 Crossover MS66* SCORE! laugh.gif

I got this in an ANACS MS66 holder. I showed it to njcoincrank at Baltimore, and he said NGC would be stupid not to cross the coin. NGC wasn't stupid... this coin has insane lustre!

Economy (all raw)...

1881-S S$1 MS64* smile.gif Obverse is a PL/DMPL, but the reverse is just plain nice. Thought it had a chance at 65, but a lock 64+

1885 S$1 MS65 laugh.gif... not bad for a $25 coin! laugh.gif njcoincrank got this grade right, too laugh.gif Thanks, Bill!

1898-O S$1 MS63DMPL smile.gif Bought with the 1885-O above for $25... thought it might go 64DMPL, but I can't complain laugh.gif

The pictures are a bit old... the old setup. I'll take new ones when the coins come back.

1881-s_anacs66_obv_lustre.jpg

1881-s_anacs66_rev_tone.jpg

raw_2-12-05_obv1_sm.jpg

raw_2-12-05_rev_sm.jpg

raw1_obv.jpg

raw1_rev.jpg

raw_dmpl_obv1.jpg

raw_dmpl_mirrors.jpg

raw_dmpl_obv2.jpg

raw_dmpl_rev1.jpg

So today is a GOOOOOOOD day! laugh.gif

Jeremy smile.gif

PS- My apologies to Scott for calling him so much in anticipation of grades foreheadslap.gif

It went from ANACS to NGC plus a Star.... when it comes time to sell... NGC Star coins will bring way more than any ANACS slab.... The Star is a big deal...

I see...thanks. I went back to your post to see about that star designation I had not heard of. I now notice that little asterisk next to MS66. I did not see where you mentioned NGC but since I am on the NGC message board I should have figured that one out-it goes without saying! Duh... as I hear the young ones say. makepoint.gif

Congratulations, Jer! thumbsup2.gif Is that the '98 you're holding between your fingers? Awesome picture. I could use it instead of my reading glasses. May I borrow it? 27_laughing.gif

Chris

That DMPL is a very nice coin, but I gotta go with the toner.

Congrats on the grades.

Thanks smile.gif The toner's mine for the near future... the DMPL I'm not sure about...