• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Error Coin

6 posts in this topic

I bought an error coin recently. Now i feel it might be fake. Its a nicke in the shpe of an oval stretched out. On the obverse, there is the impression of the reverse. The reverse is like pretty much smooth. You can see the outline of monticello. Any ideas if this is real or fake?

Also I bought a 1983 quarter with a reverse clad split off so it is the copper color. How much would you say that is worth?

THANKS!!!

I agree with Whoo, it sounds like a Hoboken Nickel that was run over by a train. Use to do this when I was a Kid and Please don't ask when that was. It could also have been done in Las Vegas as I remember they did that in certain machines there as well. Sorry.

papag

Ken

I agree with Whoo, it sounds like a Hoboken Nickel that was run over by a train. Use to do this when I was a Kid and Please don't ask when that was. It could also have been done in Las Vegas as I remember they did that in certain machines there as well. Sorry.

papag

Ken

... and it is not worth even face value because nobody wants it. makepoint.gif