• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Show Report - Parsippany, NJ

2 posts in this topic

I went to the monthly, 80-dealer show in Parsippany, NJ today. If you'll recall, I said that last month that it was a really nice day and floor traffic was significantly less than normal. Well, this morning it was a bit overcast and I'm happy to say that floor traffic was much better - almost back to normal. It was hard, but not impossible, to get down the aisles this morning. (The book and supply dealer wasn't there, unfortunately.)

Unfortunately, I didn't see any of the usual gang there today, except Jon Lerner - not Jeremy, Wihlborg, TomB or njcoincrank. So, for me, it was a pretty slow show. frown.gif

I didn't really see much that caught my eye today. All the usual material was there, but nothing else truly memorable. I did, however, see more interesting quarter eagles than I usually see, including an NGC VF-30 1839-O, as well as an 1866 (NGC, but I forget the grade). I also saw several C- and D-mint quarter eagles. I've seen these coins for the last month or two, but they were very uncommon in Parsippany before that.

I didn't get much of a sense of "buzz" today. Either the show was a bit tired, or else I was.

Hopefully, everyone will be recovered and well rested for the GSNA annual show in two weeks!