• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just had to buy something last night.........

13 posts in this topic

I had been searching Ebay for about 4 hours looking for something that would catch my eye at the right price. I typically look for color as most of you know but I wasn't really finding anything that wowed me so I moved on to Bust coinage, then Barbers....then Gold...then Commems........nothing...nodda....no coins jumped out at me in my price range.

I then started looking at the usual coin sites....Heritage, Northeast, etc.....still no luck. Finally I stumbled onto a few color coins and decided a few of them looked good and the price was right so here is one of the coins I purchased......not my images of course so I will take some new one's once the coin arrives headbang.gif

1887toner.jpg

1887tonerrev.jpg

I typically stay away from reverse toners...but this one had a lot of eye appeal for the grade so what the heck devil.gif

thumbsup2.gif

This would certainly be a coin to do that with....but I actually don't like the way Morgan's look reverse holdered.....just a personal preference I guess 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

The obverse has enough rim tone to catch my eye.

I don't mind the reverse toners when they have the look of that one.

I think you picked up a very nice coin and a great addition.

-------------

etexmike

Shane, I am with you. I don't like reverse holdered Morgans but this coin is really an exception. It seems to have very vibrant colors that are deep into the coin and really enhance it's beauty. I can't wait to see your pictures. 893applaud-thumb.gifgrin.gif As I have said before you really have an eye for beautiful toned coins. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Shane, I am with you. I don't like reverse holdered Morgans but this coin is really an exception. It seems to have very vibrant colors that are deep into the coin and really enhance it's beauty. I can't wait to see your pictures. 893applaud-thumb.gifgrin.gif As I have said before you really have an eye for beautiful toned coins. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Ahh shucks...I am going to blush blush.gif

Thanks for the compliment Mel flowerred.gif

these coins are very nice... I always say it is what you like that counts... as far as reserve toners vs observe toners...there are great ones in each...

Send him to NGC and have him mounted reverse side up. smile.gif

Hoot

Hoot, I certainly hope that you're not refering to michael in NY!!!

foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gifforeheadslap.gifgrin.gif

Send him to NGC and have him mounted reverse side up. smile.gif

Hoot

Hoot, I certainly hope that you're not refering to michael in NY!!!

foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gifforeheadslap.gifgrin.gif

Damnit Victor! Ya can't quote me if you're not quotin' me! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Hoot

Damnit Victor! Ya can't quote me if you're not quotin' me! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Hoot

Well, er, can I quote you on that ? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif

p.s. don't ya'll think that these emotioncons are the greatest thing since cornbread and milk? yeahok.gif

p.p.s. What the heck is a yeahok ?

p.p.s. What the heck is a yeahok ?

That's when you root for a guy just before you spit in his face!

Chris